Hi, I’m Nicola Moberg
And this is my yoga studio.
It’s also my dream, my second home, and probably also my third child. 😉
It’s at least sure to say that it is my pride and my source of happiness.
And that happiness, I hope you feel it too, when you come to our small studio.
I want to warmly welcome you and I’m looking forward to meeting you in person.
. . .
So, let me tell you a little bit about myself.
I’m a Purna Yoga teacher, a pregnancy and a postnatal yoga teacher
and a coach for natural childbirth.
For couples, I increasingly hold sessions for nurturing fertility and making pregnancy possible. This is very much close to my heart as I meet couples every day that are having trouble conceiving. If this is your case, remember you are not alone.
. . .
Yoga for me is more than what I do, it’s who I am and it’s who I want to be in life.
Thanks to yoga, I got to know myself and I know that my life is rich in spite of the hiccups that come on my way. Thanks to yoga, I ‘ve gotten very clear on what matters to me the most in life.
. . .
So why Purna Yoga?
I love Purna Yoga simply, because it’s all about practical tools on how you too can live a happy and a meaningful life.
Yoga has always provided me the “WHY”,
but when I got to know Purna Yoga I got my “HOW”.
Today, I’m so excited to be able to have this tool and to be able to share it with you every day in the studio.
. . .
I also believe in you.
I believe in your ability to create your dream life with the help of practical Purna yoga practices strengthening your body and opening your heart to new levels of being.
What I also believe is that You, deserve a happy and stress-free life. And I’m willing to work for this goal with you.
Here are some highlights of my story that have brought me here.
Check them out if you are curious, and let’s meet at the studio, so we can get to know each other more.
- I come from the Austrian alps, where I grew up with a feeling of not really belonging.
- In 1994, I start to travel a lot to find something to call my own.
- My travels take me to a spiritual center in Guatemala, where I first discover yoga in 2001.
- My travels continue, but yoga never leaves me. I keep taking classes wherever I go: Mexico, Costa Rica, Canada, Spain.
- Year 2003-04 in the heat of Barcelona, I finally say yes, to my first teacher training.
- This is also, where I meet my Finnish husband. So, Barcelona pretty much sealed my destiny 😉
- In 2007 I find myself to be pregnant and get into prenatal yoga. I experience my first childbirth and find the whole birthing process absolutely fascinating.
- In 2009, I study at Birthlight with the founder Francoise Freedman and get certified in Perinatal yoga.
- We move to Helsinki and in 2010 we have our second baby-girl, soon after I get to fall in love with a beautiful little studio called Purna Yoga Helsinki.
- From the moment I enter the place, I know I have found IT. The studio founder Tove Palmgren welcomes me into her studio with arms open wide. And honestly, I feel like I’m finally home.
- 2012, I start teaching prenatal yoga and finalize the 200-hour teacher training with Drew Scallop and Tove Palmgren.
- In the same year I meet the founder of Purna Yoga, Aadil Palkhivala. This is a huge turning point for me to be studying the values of Purna yoga with him.
- We were also very lucky to have him teach the 500- hour Purna yoga training in Helsinki, a man who taught the most professional yoga teachers in the world.
- In 2017 I take over the studio and continue living my dream.
- It’s 2021 now and the path doesn’t stop here. It feels like it’s only the beginning. And that is a beautiful feeling.
After all these years of training, teaching and growing a business, I know I will always be a student as my curiosity and my urge to give is endless. I am grateful to have found Tove Palmgren, Aadil Palkhivala and Savitri as well as many other teachers in my life who have made me who I am today.
One thing is clear to me “Never stop learning”.